Five Lamps and Conduit (our trading company) offer great opportunities for talented people
We want people who are enthusiastic, can connect with people and who have a flexible and “can do” attitude.
Home Care Apprentice Administrator
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team of a social enterprise Home Care service located in Thornaby, Stockton-on-Tees. We require an Apprentice who has an interest in Health and Social Care and who is willing to study for an NVQ relevant to Home Care.
The successful candidate will gain hands on experience as a Care Assistant and also have the opportunity to work within the office environment to gain an understanding of the business management side of Domiciliary Care, working in a supported learning environment to develop the skills and knowledge which will assist the individual to complete an industry related qualification.
Location: Based at South Thornaby Community Centre, Thornaby.
Hours: 37 hours per week. Flexible hours (evenings and weekend working will be required)
Salary Scale: National Minimum Wage (hourly rate dependent on age)
Contract Period: Apprentice contract temporary for 1 year. A permanent contract could be awarded subject to performance and the company securing funding.
- Download the Home Care Apprentice Administrator Application Pack (PDF)
- Download the Compliance Statement (Privacy Notice) (PDF)
- Download Five Lamps Application Form (Word)
To apply for this post please download the above documents, read the Job Description and Person Specification and use to complete the Application Form (CVs are not accepted).
Please return Five Lamps Application Form to email@example.com.
The closing date for this post is 4 November 2019 @ 17:00. If you have not had a reply by 11 November 2019 please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Cheron Moore, Registered Manager on 01642 753517.
Care Assistants (Drivers Essential)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team of Care Assistants.
- Are you caring?
- Able to put people first?
- Looking for an exciting new career in the care sector?
- Are you flexible with a willingness to try a new way of working in domiciliary care?
If you answered yes to all of these questions and you share our values, we want you!
We are currently recruiting Care Assistants to be a part of our growing team of friendly care workers who are able to complete care needs assessments.
We are able to provide shifts between 7am to 11pm Monday to Sunday. Shifts will be split between day and night shifts on a weekly basis and you will be required to work one weekend in two.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can work well under pressure, have a passion for providing excellent care, and can maintain professional composure at all times.
Job Purpose: To provide high quality care to homecare service users that support the rights of customers to live the lives they choose as far as they are able:
- Assist customers within their home to meet their required needs. This may involve helping the customer to wash and dress, prepare meals and administer medication
- Duties may also include helping customers with their shopping or getting in and out of bed
- Provide an enhanced service that promotes interaction and strives to seek further wellbeing opportunities for the customer
- To ensure that all customers receive a consistently high quality level of service, appropriate with the standards required by Five Lamps
- Promote the rights of each customer and keep their wishes at the centre of their care and support.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for people who care regardless of qualifications or experience. Do you share the Five Lamps vision of:
- Seeing the possibilities to make a positive difference.
- Valuing and celebrating individuality and diversity.
- Supporting rights, needs, choices and dreams.
- Being responsible, sustainable and innovative in our work.
We will give you all the training and support you need, such as obtaining a qualification in health and social care.
You will be supported by the organisation to make a difference by not only providing personal care to the people we support, but supporting them to take part in a wide range of activities, including shopping trips and social occasions as well as offering them choice to eradicate social isolation and increasing well being.
Please note that all of our positions require an Enhanced DBS check in relation to Children and Adults.
- £8.21 per hour
- £8.58 per hour for weekend work
- Paid travel time
- Mileage at 45p per mile
Hours: Shifts available from 7am to 11pm, Monday to Sunday
***Drivers essential as care is provided across Stockton-on-Tees, Yarm, Ingleby Barwick, and Thornaby***
- Download Care Assistant Job Description (Word)
- Download Care Assistant Person Specification (Word)
- Download Compliance Statement (Privacy Notice) Word
To apply for this post please download the Job Description and Person Specification and send CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers (Lunch Club)
We are seeking enthusiatic individuals to join our Home Care team to support our weekly lunch club which provides a cooked meal and social activities in a friendly atmosphere, for local pensioners who may otherwise have limited social involvement.
- Download the Volunteer Lunch Club Assistant Job Description (Word)
To apply for this post, please contact Cheron Moore, Registered Manager on (01642) 753511 or email@example.com
Volunteers (Youth Work)
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our youth services team to support the delivery of fun, safe, social and educational activities to young people
- Download the Volunteer Youth Worker Job Description (Word)
To apply for this post, please contact Darren Iveson, Youth Services Manager on (01642) 753511 or firstname.lastname@example.org