Five Lamps and Conduit (our trading company) offer great opportunities for talented people
We want people who are enthusiastic, can connect with people and who have a flexible and “can do” attitude
Home from Hospital Support Worker
We are seeking to appoint 2 experienced Support Workers to assist older people from hospital discharge
Location: Based at University of North Tees Hospital. There will be multi-location working across Stockton- on- Tees and consequently the post is designated as ‘essential car user’.
Hours: 37 hours per week. Flexible hours (evenings and weekend working will be required)
Salary Scale: SCP 14 (£18,409)
Job Purpose: When older people come out of hospital, they can need more support than usual to help get them back on their feet. Five Lamps’ Home Safe Sooner project provides this support for up to 14 days post discharge from University Hospital North Tees. Our staff can help with anything from transport home; ensuring the heating works and the house is tidy; collecting shopping or prescriptions and liaising with a wide range of other services to reduce the chance that an older person will end up back in hospital. They can also provide a vital link between the older person and the outside world at a time when they are still recovering from an accident or illness and encourage them to get involved in social inclusion activities
Contract Period: Fixed Term for 3 years
- Download the Home from Hospital Support Worker Job Description (PDF)
- Download the Home from Hospital Support Worker Person Specification (PDF)
- Download the Compliance Statement (Privacy Notice) Job Applicants (PDF)
- Download Five Lamps Application Form (Word)
To apply for this post please download the above documents and complete and return Five Lamps Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 3 June 2019 @ 17:00. If you have not had a reply by 10 June 2019 please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
If you require any additional information or want to have an informal chat about this post please contact Nichola Storr, Quality Manager on (01642) 608316
Care Assistants (Drivers Essential)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team of Care Assistants.
- Are you caring?
- Able to put people first?
- Looking for an exciting new career in the care sector?
- Are you flexible with a willingness to try a new way of working in domiciliary care?
If you answered yes to all of these questions and you share our values, we want you!
We are currently recruiting Care Assistants to be a part of our growing team of friendly care workers who are able to complete care needs assessments.
We are able to provide shifts between 7am to 11pm Monday to Sunday. Shifts will be split between day and night shifts on a weekly basis and you will be required to work one weekend in two.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can work well under pressure, have a passion for providing excellent care, and can maintain professional composure at all times.
Job Purpose: To provide high quality care to homecare service users that support the rights of customers to live the lives they choose as far as they are able:
- Assist customers within their home to meet their required needs. This may involve helping the customer to wash and dress, prepare meals and administer medication
- Duties may also include helping customers with their shopping or getting in and out of bed
- Provide an enhanced service that promotes interaction and strives to seek further wellbeing opportunities for the customer
- To ensure that all customers receive a consistently high quality level of service, appropriate with the standards required by Five Lamps
- Promote the rights of each customer and keep their wishes at the centre of their care and support.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for people who care regardless of qualifications or experience. Do you share the Five Lamps vision of:
- Seeing the possibilities to make a positive difference.
- Valuing and celebrating individuality and diversity.
- Supporting rights, needs, choices and dreams.
- Being responsible, sustainable and innovative in our work.
We will give you all the training and support you need, such as obtaining a qualification in health and social care.
You will be supported by the organisation to make a difference by not only providing personal care to the people we support, but supporting them to take part in a wide range of activities, including shopping trips and social occasions as well as offering them choice to eradicate social isolation and increasing well being.
Please note that all of our positions require an Enhanced DBS check in relation to Children and Adults.
- £7.83 per hour
- £8.20 per hour for weekend work
- Paid travel time
- Mileage at 45p per mile
Hours: Shifts available from 7am to 11pm, Monday to Sunday
***Drivers essential as care is provided across Stockton-on-Tees, Yarm, Ingleby Barwick, and Thornaby***
- Download Care Assistant Job Description (Word)
- Download Care Assistant Person Specification (Word)
- Download Compliance Statement (Privacy Notice) Word
To apply for this post please download the Job Description and Person Specification and send CV’s to email@example.com
Volunteers (Lunch Club)
We are seeking enthusiatic individuals to join our Home Care team to support our weekly lunch club which provides a cooked meal and social activities in a friendly atmosphere, for local pensioners who may otherwise have limited social involvement.
- Download the Volunteer Lunch Club Assistant Job Description (Word)
To apply for this post, please contact Cheron Moore, Registered Manager on (01642) 753511 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers (Youth Work)
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our youth services team to support the delivery of fun, safe, social and educational activities to young people
- Download the Volunteer Youth Worker Job Description (Word)
To apply for this post, please contact Darren Iveson, Youth Services Manager on (01642) 753511 or email@example.com