Five Lamps and Conduit (our trading company) offer great opportunities for talented people
We want people who are enthusiastic, can connect with people and who have a flexible and “can do” attitude.
Senior Care Assistant (On Call)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of a rota delivering Out of Hours Care in our rapidly expanding Home Care service across Stockton-on-Tees. This role provides a crucial aspect of the service as it enables service users, families, Care Assistants and other stakeholders to reach someone from the company and receive assistance whenever the office is closed.
Successful candidates will need to work from home and be available to cover a rota for the out of hours listed below. This position will suit individuals who would like to earn some extra money on evenings and weekends. We are also very interested in individuals who do not necessarily want to work every weekend but would like to work on rotating weekends.
Location: Working from home covering an on call rota. You may at times need to able to go out and cover calls across Stockton-on-Tees if there is no one else to cover them and have your own transport
Hours: Shifts available covering 06:30 x 08:30 and 17:00 x 23:00 (Monday to Friday) and 06:30 – 23:00 (Weekends and Bank Holidays). Shifts available on a rota basis.
Salary Scale: Flat rate of £10.00 (standard day rate Monday to Friday 06:30×08:30); Flat rate of £20.00 (standard day rate Monday to Friday 17:00×23:00); Flat rate of £100.00 (standard day weekend rate and bank holiday rate); Plus £8.50 hourly rate for any care calls covered and 45p per mile travel expenses
Contract Period: Zero Hours Contract
The Senior Care Assistant is responsible for ad-hoc changes to existing rotas, monitoring a live call system, supporting and assisting a large team of Care Assistants and ensuring our service users receive regular care at their requested time and are supported where necessary. The role also involves liaising with service users and other professionals where needed.
How to apply:
- Download the Senior Care Assistant (On Call) Job Description (PDF)
- Download the Senior Care Assistant (On Call) Person Specification (PDF)
- Download the Compliance Statement (Privacy Notice) (PDF)
Download the attached documents and send your CV to email@example.com
If you require any additional information or want to have an informal chat about this post please contact Cheron Moore, Registered Manager on 07894464200
Care Assistant (Drivers Essential)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team of Care Assistants.
- Are you caring?
- Able to put people first?
- Looking for an exciting new career in the care sector?
- Are you flexible with a willingness to try a new way of working in domiciliary care?
If you answered yes to all of these questions and you share our values, we want you!
We are currently recruiting Care Assistants to be a part of our growing team of friendly care workers who are able to complete care needs assessments.
We are able to provide shifts between 7am to 11pm Monday to Sunday. Shifts will be split between day and night shifts on a weekly basis and you will be required to work one weekend in two.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can work well under pressure, have a passion for providing excellent care, and can maintain professional composure at all times.
Job Purpose: To provide high quality care to homecare service users that support the rights of customers to live the lives they choose as far as they are able:
- Assist customers within their home to meet their required needs. This may involve helping the customer to wash and dress, prepare meals and administer medication
- Duties may also include helping customers with their shopping or getting in and out of bed
- Provide an enhanced service that promotes interaction and strives to seek further wellbeing opportunities for the customer
- To ensure that all customers receive a consistently high quality level of service, appropriate with the standards required by Five Lamps
- Promote the rights of each customer and keep their wishes at the centre of their care and support.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for people who care regardless of qualifications or experience. Do you share the Five Lamps vision of:
- Seeing the possibilities to make a positive difference.
- Valuing and celebrating individuality and diversity.
- Supporting rights, needs, choices and dreams.
- Being responsible, sustainable and innovative in our work.
We will give you all the training and support you need, such as obtaining a qualification in health and social care.
You will be supported by the organisation to make a difference by not only providing personal care to the people we support, but supporting them to take part in a wide range of activities, including shopping trips and social occasions as well as offering them choice to eradicate social isolation and increasing well being.
Please note that all of our positions require an Enhanced DBS check in relation to Children and Adults.
- £8.72 per hour
- £9.09 per hour for weekend work
- £13.08 for bank holidays
- Paid travel time
- Mileage at 45p per mile
Hours: Shifts available from 7am to 11pm, Monday to Sunday
***Drivers essential as care is provided across Stockton-on-Tees, Yarm, Ingleby Barwick, and Thornaby***
- Download Care Assistant Job Description (Word)
- Download Care Assistant Person Specification (Word)
- Download Compliance Statement (Privacy Notice) Word
To apply for this post please download the Job Description and Person Specification and send CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers (Lunch Club)
We are seeking enthusiatic individuals to join our Home Care team to support our weekly lunch club which provides a cooked meal and social activities in a friendly atmosphere, for local pensioners who may otherwise have limited social involvement.
- Download the Volunteer Lunch Club Assistant Job Description (Word)
To apply for this post, please contact Cheron Moore, Registered Manager on (01642) 753511 or email@example.com
Volunteers (Youth Work)
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our youth services team to support the delivery of fun, safe, social and educational activities to young people
- Download the Volunteer Youth Worker Job Description (Word)
To apply for this post, please contact Darren Iveson, Youth Services Manager on (01642) 753511 or firstname.lastname@example.org